Amex

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Amex

I agree with you on that. AmEx has lost its luster, its not the card the everyone envy you for having. They are notorious for credit limit decreases, accusing you of not being able to pay your debt even after you paid more than the minimum. I have first-hand experience with them. Ive had these actions done to me. So im just paying it off and not using it as I would just to show activity. Did I forget to say the extreme annual fees they impose.
16 years 1 month ago #241

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Amex

There you go.:white-flag:
16 years 1 month ago #242

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Amex

I am taking it personally. I am paying my balance and throwing them in the sock drawer. It will be a long time before Amex sees the light of day, let alone going out for a spin.
16 years 1 month ago #243

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Amex

I would take that personal if I were you. I bet they dont do that to the people who make over $200k per year. They are so afriad that small timers are gonna get over on them, i mean dang, dont they have insurance for that? They might as well deny you at the door before they pull stunts like this one. I have not heard anyone come in here with high salaries complaining about amex. But then again somene with that type of salary probably would not be on a finance site:worried: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #244

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Amex

I am not late on any of my credit card bills. I am going to pay my low balance on my Amex and sock drawer it. It's hard not to take it personally, but that's the way that they do buisness. I am small fish to them that has the potential to collect some interest off of.
16 years 1 month ago #245

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Be careful with Amex!

:shocked: :shocked: Oh my God! That is it, I will never apply for an Amex card. Just because you decide to use your other credit cards it should be none of their business. As long as you are not defaulted on your cards what should they care about? They is too funny to me, I used to want a card from them to be feeling like a big shot, now i will never apply for that card because in my books credit is credit as long as I don't have to deal with subprime anymore. Thanks for this last hit, it really woke me up!
:white-flag:
16 years 1 month ago #246

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Be careful with Amex!

Wow, that is the reason why I have my Delta Skymiles AMEX sockdrawered.
16 years 1 month ago #247

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Be careful with Amex!

I checked my balance on Amex today and nearly had a heart attack. I wanted to see what my balance was and when my payment was due. They cut my $2,000 credit limit to $500. That is a $1,500 difference! That would bring my total of credit limit that I can use to $12,100. Needless to say that I am very upset. I call Amex to see if they could give me back my origonal credit limit, but he lady said no. The reason was that I had too many inquires and that my total balance that I owed on all my credit cards was too high. My credit history is a shade over 3 years. She told me that I could apply for a credit line increase in 480 days. I will only use it maybe once every two months and pay it off. Would I recommend Amex, NO!
16 years 1 month ago #248

Replied by hjm331 on topic IMO, AMEX is NOT a

IMO, AMEX is NOT a FICO lender. They have their own scoring system that checks on what is good on your credit report and what's bad. If they bad things outweight the good, then you're not getting approved. I know this because I applied for the AMEX Green Charge Card and I was well over FG's FICO score requirement and they denied for these factors: 1)credit history too short 2)high utilization 3)too many new inquiries 4) too many new accounts. Hope this helps.
16 years 7 months ago #249

Replied by hjm331 on topic SMCC, to tell you the

SMCC, to tell you the truth, since I'm young and hungry, I would just brag about the AMEX card and use it to pull me some honeys. LOL

They know you got at least 10k on that card but once you take them shopping, you don't spend more than $100. LOL

That's just the way it is!
16 years 7 months ago #250
  • porgy1000
  • porgy1000's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Well I have my own

Well I have my own opinions on how AX issues cards.....

I do think that they are racist, YES demographics play a role in AX and MEN are issued more cards then women (alot more). Oh yeah , it gets worse. I have the AX card and I refuse to use it.

I bet if I called AX and told them I was G*Y hehehehe they would probably cancel my card LOL. Not G*Y here, but like I said , they are very very much into the way things where done in the 1960's
16 years 7 months ago #251

Replied by smcc on topic HJM 331, No I don't

HJM 331,
No I don't have one but I'm working hard on trying to get one. I have some tax liens and collections on my credit report and although I have paid all of them off, some people here have advised not to apply and possibly get denied. Hopefully as my scores climb higher from the low 700's to 720 and these collections start to age, I will have a better chance of being accepted.

I will never use it HJM331, Its just nice to know that by paying your bills on time, never being late on revolving credit and keeping my credit card balance paid off or under 10% utilization that the perserverance has paid off!
16 years 7 months ago #252

Replied by hjm331 on topic These AMEX cards get harder

These AMEX cards get harder to get approved for by the day.
16 years 7 months ago #253

Replied by Meya on topic I applied with a lesser

I applied with a lesser issue and they denied me :upset:

Now I am really starting to wonder about demograhic areas.
16 years 7 months ago #254

Replied by hjm331 on topic SMCC, I totally agree with

SMCC, I totally agree with you. Getting approved for an AMEX card is sort of like an incentive or reward for working hard at building a good credit. It's the icing on the cake basically.

SMCC, do you have any AMEX cards?
16 years 7 months ago #255